Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Scraps Challenge and another Magnolia Challenge

I was cleaning out all my papers today that I use for my cards and found that I had so many scrapsso I decided to set myself a challenge. I have challenged myself to make cards with only scraps that I have and not to touch a piece of patterned paper of cardstock till the majority of the scraps are used.... My paper bag that I store all my papers in was just getting out of control so I'm going to take action... I think I will manage as I think I have card stock in at least one of most colours of various shades to make cards with that is a start. And the amount of patterned scraps is just as much if not more... So I guess the other challenge will be not to buy anymore new papers either!! I sometimes buy papers and don't use them so perhaps that will be my next personal challenge. So below is a pic of what I have to work with Sorry about the pic - taken inside and late in the day!!... Now I know it doesn't look like a lot but it is when trying to store it in a small amount of space!!! So let the challenge begin!!!




Last night I decided to participate in the Magnolia Down Under Challenge and this weeks challenge is Fancy Folds. I love the way this card looks when it is finished and I made one awhile ago but recently gave it to a friend for their birthday. So I got my one and only Magnolia stamp out some kaisercraft papers and after a few changes today and some additions, this is my finished card!!


I originally had the flower paper behind Tilda as well but it was too busy and with Tilda coloured in similar colours to the paper she kind of got lost, so I got the striped paper and turned it over to the green side and it think it looks much better!! I've  used Crystal effects on the raised flowers and a pearl in the middle and kindy glitz on all the stem cos I love my bling!! The balloons are actually from a digi stamp that I got from Anne Bodil's site. She has some gorgeous layouts and cards and her digi stamps are very cute.. Very Me!!

So tonight I'll be scrapping away with my scraps.. May go in search of a challenge or two!!
Until then, Enjoy!!!

4 comments:

  1. That's a great idea, I love it!! PS I Love your card too great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...what a lovely card!
    Lovely colours and baloons :o))
    Tilda is also sooo cute...
    Thank you for joining us at MDUC this week.
    Hugs Anne Kristine

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful and such a fabulous fold.Thankyou for joining us at MDUC this week x
    love Debbie D xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this card looks fantastic!! Love your folding, and Tilda is so cute!:)
    Hugs, Camilla

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! It's made my day!!