Sunday, January 1, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Happy New Year!! Hope you have all celebrated the New Year in your own way and made some wonderful memories. I had a wonderful evening spent with my sister and her family and some friends of their's and saw the new year in watching the city firework from the decking with all our kids!!!! And today (in Australia) we are heading down to the beach for a few days to spend with friends.. And the weather is scorching so perfect beach weather!!
So it's my turn to post over on the Digi Bell's blog today and I have this gorgeous gate fold card to share with you.



I've used Little Rapunzel from Elisabeth Bell's Digi collection and I coloured her in with Tria markers and glitter pens!! I followed the Craft your Passion Sketch (and moved it around a little bit) and used the Sisterhood of Crafters colour combination Black white plus one other colour. The papers are from Core'dinatiions - when I saw this I had to have them) (I really am hopeless when it comes to papers). I then just added some flower and rhinestones!!
I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
* Sisterhood of Crafters - Black, White plus One other colour
* Fuss and Fancy Friday Challenges - Animal Print or Happy Birthday
* Stampin' For the weekend - Anything Goes
* Wags 'n Whiskers - Fancy Folds
* Elphine House - Around We Go

10 comments:

  1. This is wonderful Leath, great to hear you had a wonderful NYE have a wonderful time at the beach and an amazing 2012!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is pretty neat!!! Love the detail and how you divided the mattings to allow the gate opening~~Just wonderful!! There is something about black making things POP:) Too funny how we used the same sketch--Hee Hee
    We are having a very very windy and cold day here in the Northern US--Got 2 inches of snow early this morning--yuck!!
    Hugz and blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Alethea! Your card is absolutely STUNNING! I do so love these images. I have 2 at the moment but I am hoping to get more! I won at Elphine House so 2 are on their way from Australia.

    I wish you joy and happiness in 2012 my friend.

    Hugs
    Linda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo what a great card! I love the way you used the black/white/grey tones paired with the splashes of red. Looks so crisp! Happy New Year Alethea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable and your coloring is awesome! Enjoy the beach ... here in Ohio, USA we have 3" of snow on the ground and expecting 3-5" more!
    Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘BLACK/WHITE + One Other Color’ challenge and please come back again soon!

    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, awesome card. Love how it opens and of course that image is adorable. Black, white & red is probably my favorite color combo. :-) Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters. I hope you had a wonderful New Years! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I LOVE this card! The image is adorable and your coloring is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at The Sisterhood of Crafters. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card. Thanks for playing along at Fussy and Fancy. Good luck, from Lisbeth K

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is beautiful. Thank you for joining the EHA challenge.

    Hugs Audhild

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great card Alethea ;o)
    Thanks for joining us at Elphine House Australia ..

    Janneke XO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! It's made my day!!