Monday, September 24, 2012

Buttons and Bows at CYP!

Hopefully this posts as scheduled as I'm away for a couple of days visiting with a friend and her family!!
Time for a new challenge at Craft Your Passion and this week we would love to see your creations with buttons and bows on them!!! I used this image - Betsy - from the The Stamp Fairy and I really wasn't sure what I was going to create but on Thursday while picking up my boys from their craft class I found some dies and thought one of them would be perfect to make a card with and boy did it turn out better than I thought it would!!

I coloured both Betsy's in with Tria markers and added some kindy glitz to her bell.. I used chalk to make a cloud background then cut out Summer border die from Memory Box a few times using various colours so I could create the look I wanted!! I added some rhinestones to a  couple of the flowers and only stuck the bottom of the border so the flowers could sit out a bit!! I put the cows amongst the flowers, then to finish the card I added the ribbon, found some butterfly buttons in my stash, plus added a few extra buttons down the bottom then added the SU sentiment and put rhinestones under that!! This will be perfect for my Auntie who loves cows but her birthday isn't until July next year..:) At least I'll be prepared!!!
That's it from me but head on over to the CYP blog to check out what the rest of the DT have created and to see who our fabulous sponsors are this week!!!
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
* Fun with Shapes and More - Include an animal
* Pattie's Creations - Anything Goes
* Ruby's rainbow - BINGO ( bottom line)

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Alethea, loving the butterfly buttons and the image is gorgeous too.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun that Betsy has a friend! The sky is wonderful on this card and works perfectly with the die cut foliage at the bottom. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So udderly cute! Thanks for playing in our 'Anything Goes' Challenge #53!
    Sandi ♥
    DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
    and Pattie's shop
    Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so sweet and adorable! lovely card!
    i love the cows! :-)

    thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Couple of things really caught my eye Alethea - I like how you filled the sky with clouds, I really like the die cut flowers in the field, and what really surprised me was your putting two of the cows in that field!! Never dawned on me to do that! LOL! Good job!
    ~ginny

    ReplyDelete
  6. How great to put those cuted cows behind some flowers.
    LG Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant card, thank for joining in with the fun at Ruby's Rainbow
    hugs Shaz x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! It's made my day!!