Friday, February 7, 2014

Love is in the Air at Polka Doodles!!


Well I am sitting in the comfort of my air conditioned lounge room as I write this as it is a scorcher outside but due to be in the 40's tomorrow so I guess today is not too bad.
It's time for a new challenge at Polka Doodles and with it comes a few changes.. The main one being that our challenges are moving to fortnightly. For all the details make sure you stop by the Polka Doodles blog, you will also be dazzled by all the DT's fabulous creations!
So this week's challenge at Polka Doodles is Love is in the Air! The DT were challenged to use the new Dollie Daydream goes East cd  which you can get from the Polka Doodles store. I was originally going to decorate a jar full of fortune cookies but decided to play around with the elements from the cd so made this fan instead which I just love.

My boys loved this when I showed them and so did a friend of mine!! I coloured the image in with tria markers to match the papers I used for the fan. I didn't like the hair when I first coloured it but once it had settled overnight it looks ok I think! The template, papers, image and alphabet I used to make the word love are all on the Dollie Daydream goes East cd. I first printed out the paper, then printed the fan template on that, then created the word love and printed it again.
I hope that you can join us this fortnight at Polka Doodles. And be sure to check out the Polka Doodles store.. Oh and there is now also a Polka Doodles Etsy store where you can buy the individual girls.... So no excuse not to go and grab these fabulous images :)

12 comments:

  1. Ooo its that gorgeous colour again. Love it Alethea fab idea x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I'm speechless! What an amazing project, Althea. A fan will come in handy hot the Aussie summer! :-)
    hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is beautiful! Take care Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Alethea, the colours go great together.
    Anj
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful i really love this fan. Have a great day and keeeeeeep crafting xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous project, Alethea - love your choice of papers for the fan. Enjoy your hot weather, hun - it's awful here! Hugz, Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning, Alethea! I love the papers and the colours! Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely Stunning! Love the papers and the gorgeous colours.

    Hugs
    Linda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow such a Stunning Fan

    such brilliant DT Inspiration for the Polkadoodles Challenge

    Hugs Kerrie
    Polkadoodles DT
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adoring this hun, colours, composition - everything! Just adorable!! Great work! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! It's made my day!!